Well - just one.
There is no reason that Gwen couldn’t have been in this episode.
It would have been EASY to have her in the Camelot scenes and frankly it wouldn’t have been THAT hard to find a reason for her to accompany the knights on their quest. And her presence would have given the knights something interesting to have banter over beyond just being dicks to Merlin.
Morgana’s absence is excusable and as much as I love her I can see how shoe-horning her into every single episode just to have her once more fail to kill Arthur is going to feel forced and will end up being detrimental overall so not complaining. But Gwen should have been in this episode. Having NO women AT ALL - not a serving girl, not a female druid - NOUT - felt completely ridiculous.
I just… ugh. This show is at its worst when it’s not even TRYING to live up to its potential and the potential of its characters. And this was a bloody boring episode as a result of its blatant lack of effort on that front.
Posted 2 years ago at 09:59pm with 12 notes
Tagged as: #merlin #4x04 #just ugh COME ON #gwen
- trude17 likes this
- wildluv likes this
- gorgons likes this
- que-sera-sera88 reblogged this from gnimaerd and added:
- longjackets reblogged this from gnimaerd
- immortal-spud-thief reblogged this from witchpieceoftoast and added:
- fromtoday said: my only positive thought for this episode was a quick ‘aww, isn’t the baby dragon cute’ right at the end. Other than that, I don’t remember paying very much attention… *shrug*
- fromtoday likes this
- witchpieceoftoast reblogged this from saphay and added:
- saphay reblogged this from gnimaerd and added:
- soapyblowholes reblogged this from gnimaerd and added:
- gnimaerd posted this